- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in
pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness,
below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
- **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat
oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie
- RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of
pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan
with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is
overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
- NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the
Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.
- High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3
tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- VARIATION: coarsely chopped walnuts may be substituted for pecans to make a
From Karo Syrup