My husband Roger loves to cook big Sunday dinners and invite all the family. During the week, we usually don't have big desserts -- some low fat ice cream or fruit bar, maybe. But on Sundays, Roger always cooks a nice dessert. This is one of his summer favorites. In fact, he planted three blueberry bushes in our yard to help supply berries for this dessert. This is one of Rachel's favorites, too.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Add flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- 2Add in milk and butter; stir to combine.
- 3Spread batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- 4Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar and drizzle with vanilla.
- 6Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- 7Can serve plain or with ice cream on top.