Grandma Debbie's Pimento Cheese (Vegan Style)


No one should ever eat store-bought pimento cheese.  It's just so . . .  not good.

My stepmom Debbie made this homemade version for us when we were growing up, and she now makes it for the grandchildren, too.  So, it has grown into one of the comfort foods my whole family loves.  And as my family grows and changes, the fans of this pimento cheese just keep increasing.  I make it vegan!

Ingredients:

  • 2 packages vegan grated cheddar cheese 
  • 1 large jar pimentos (drained)
  • 2 tablespoons or so of Vegan mayonnaise (adjust to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons celery seed
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Mount Olive jar of chopped jalapeños 
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. I don't like it when it's soupy, so I use less mayonnaise than others, but you can get it to the consistency you like by adding it little by little.  Serve on crackers or use in a sandwich.  We also like to put it on hot dogs and burgers!

Comments

Popular Posts